Rep. Ruben Gallego Announces More than $900K in Grant Funding for Affordable Housing Projects in Arizona’s 7th District
WASHINGTON, DC – Rep. Ruben Gallego (AZ-07) announced today that nonprofit organizations in Arizona’s 7th District will receive more than $900,000 in federal funding to support efforts to develop and preserve affordable housing, revitalize and sustain neighborhoods, and create jobs in Arizona.
Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc. will receive $460,000 and Trellis will receive $459,500 through the NeighborWorks America program.
NeighborWorks America is a public nonprofit organization established by Congress in 1978 as the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation. The organization supports local and regional nonprofit partner organizations that work on community development and affordable housing challenges.
“I want to congratulate Chicanos Por La Causa and Trellis on receiving these significant awards, which will help them make great strides in their efforts to tackle affordable housing and other challenges in Arizona.” said Rep. Gallego. “These grants have enormous potential to help transform the lives of families in our community and help them get one step closer to achieving the American Dream.”
In FY 2018, NeighborWorks America and the NeighborWorks network provided over 457,000 housing and counseling services, including:
- 25,100 homeowners created
- 13,200 quality, affordable rental homes developed
- 11,100 homes preserved through rehabilitation, counseling, and refinancing
- 75,000 homes repaired
- 166,900 quality, affordable rental homes owned and/or managed
- 177,800 families and individuals counseled on financial capacity, pre-purchase, post-purchase, or foreclosure issues, and
- 14,600 training certificates issued