Department of Education: The U.S. Department of Education has developed a landing page for COVID-19 information and resources for schools and school personnel.
- Arizona Department of Education: call (602)364-1815
- To share your thoughts on school reopening, contact the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s office by email or call 602-542-7378
- Arizona Education Association is the state’s largest organization of teachers.
Higher Education Resources
The CARES Act includes relief for federal student loan borrowers- no payments will be required until September 30, 2020. Learn more at the FAQs page.
The Office of Postsecondary Education has issued guidance on interrupted study. Find more information here.
On Aug. 8, 2020, President Trump directed the Secretary to continue to suspend loan payments, stop collections, and waive interest on loans until Dec. 31, 2020. Loan Repayment begins after Jan. 31, 2021.
Child Mental Health
- Read tips for talking to kids about the pandemic
- Birth to Five Helpline: 877-705-KIDS
- Advice on sleep, health, nutrition, safety, challenging behaviors, general development
- Support from psychologists, counselors, nurses, disabilities specialists, and more
- Teen Life Line: call or text 602-248-8336
- Native Health Phoenix: email or call 602-279-5262 with questions
Guidance from Health Experts
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has released guidance for childcare, schools, and youth programs and caring for children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics has released COVID-19 Planning Considerations for School Re-entry.
Keep your children engaged and learning at home with the following resources:
Arizona PBS At-Home Learning: Programs and classes for groups ranging from kindergarten to 12th grade
Arizona Science Center: Virtual STEM education content
Smithsonian: Learning labs, images, podcasts, and more organized by the Smithsonian Institution.
Library of Congress: Exhibitions, digital collections, videos, books, and more from the Library of Congress.
Scholastic Learn at Home: Reading resources for groups ranging from kindergarten to 9th grade